If you have been charged with drunk driving in the Seattle or King County area, you will want an experienced DUI attorney on your side. However, with a seemingly endless list of attorneys to choose from, you will want some tips on choosing the right one.
Contrary to what you may think, not all Seattle DUI attorneys are created equal. Different attorneys have different levels of experience, different specialties, and different personalities. Here are some tips that can help you choose the right attorney:
- Practical Experience. You will want to hire an attorney with practical experience in Washington DUI law and who is familiar with the local courts in the Seattle area. At Wolff Criminal Defense, our firm consists of two DUI lawyers who offer extensive courtroom experience. The firm's founder and lead attorney, Aaron Wolff , began his legal career in 2000 as a DUI prosecutor for the cities of Kirkland and Tukwila before opening his firm focusing on DUI defense.
- Litigation Know-How. There is a difference between book-smarts and knowing how to utilize that knowledge in the courtroom. At Wolff Criminal Defense, we combine books smarts with litigation experience. As mentioned above, Aaron Wolff is a former DUI prosecutor and thrives in the courtroom.
- Bait and Switch. Many firms will have an experienced attorney meet with you while later delegating your case to an inexperienced associate. At Wolff Criminal Defense, all of our attorneys are hardened and experienced. There will be no bait and switch.
- Personality. It is hard to quantify the importance of personality on legal representation. However, given the importance of fighting your DUI case, you will want to work with an attorney you are comfortable with and someone you feel will represent your case with dignity and honesty.
- Cost. You will want to know how much your DUI representation will cost. Your attorney should be upfront about fees and how these are calculated.
Choosing the right DUI attorney is the first step in a successful defense. You will want to talk to several different attorneys and gauge which one best fits your needs. To talk to an attorney at Wolff Criminal Defense, schedule a consultation by calling 425-284-2000.
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment